Nurse Germz

The nick is Germz, add some miss, nurse coz I am a nurse in the Phil. Passion never runs out in me. I travel, I wanna stand out, I heal but just don't let anything come across along the way specially when I am about to chase my biggest dream of traveling the world!

Germz of Generality

And so I started this blog to feature all about my whereabouts here in the Philippines and out coz I can't just stay put at one place. Would you come with me? I would love to! See yah!

SINULOG: Prepping my Travel Gears

The hardest part during travels is the process itself turning fashion accessories into travel gears and also because I just love wearing fashionable outfits, it makes everything worst. So, honestly it is the outfit which is the real hard part whether on how I am going to show it off into the crowd.

Then, what’s more, I can’t afford to bring any fashionable bag to please the eyes of the “pickpockets.” I can just imagine the huge crowd and them (the pickpockets) having a percentage of 30-40% of the overall crowd. So, I guess I’ll exchange fashion accessories with travel gears anyway.

As a travel starter, I should embrace these facts as early as now, right?

I’ll start with the gadgets, the most important thing. I am not born with a silver spoon so obviously, I am not equipped with the expensive, high-tech ones. But I did manage to buy the practical ones enough to be called as travel gears.

So, after taking note of the stuffs, situations and others especially in SINULOG festival, I am trying to bring stuffs that are of utmost importance to prevent accidents. Well, at least I am not the person who brings the whole wardrobe in her bag so it’s not a big deal.

The daily things I bring are below:


  1. Kikay kit
  2. Umbrella
  3. Big wallet
  4. Coin purse
  5. Shades
  6. Cellphone
  7. Camera (occasionally)

To eliminate the not-so-important ones:


  1. Kikay kit (only comb)
  2. Umbrella
  3. Big wallet (3 & 4 are merged into one)
  4. Coin purse
  5. Shades
  6. Cellphone
  7. Camera (occasionally)

I was thinking of not bringing the umbrella anymore, but I might regret it after last year’s hard rain festival, so still part of the list.

Then, for my travel gears to sound like a pro traveller, (haha) I bought a travel mini bag for those to fit in. Look below.

Travel Gear 1 (camera sling bag – not sure)


  • A very practical one
  • This will nicely fit around your neck with the adjustable slings also
  • For safety stuff, this is good since it is within your eye level wherever you go
  • Just always place it in front of you because if not, you might be wondering as to where your things go


Travel Gear 2 (spiral key chain)


  • I added this to secure my camera because I might confidently just hang around and take pictures while someone at the back is already eyeing it for grabs.
  • So, in case he’ll grab it, then that includes my bag but since it’s securely hanged around my neck which will also include me.
  • That would mean a big fish for a catch. :-)


The overlook for the all the travel gears when worn...hehe


As of the meantime, these are yet the travel gears I have bought. There are more to come as I face different adventures, safety precautions place by place.

Well, I am now geared up for SINULOG Festival. Pickpockets, burglars and whoever you are, with my travel gears you are not a threat any more.


Read on as I take miles away from my place to seek spiritual guidance from Sto. NiƱo. Travel Premiere’s first ever trip by yours truly Nurse Germz.


Sincerely,

35 comments:

Joy Lawson said...

cook stuff! one more thing that is lacking: a mini alarm for your little kit.... hehehehe

Clint Andrew said...

God bless you for your Sinulog trip!

Jim said...

great post. yet, there are still trifles that we always forget like charger, memory card, toothbrush and other stuff. wishing you a great trip!

Cecile Abigail Esteban Cinco said...

When choosing a bag, I most likely use one made out of recycled material but made into something that is not easily torn or wasted.

c5 @ http://gomommygo.info

Tess Torrecampo-Chancellor said...

We have to travel light . So if you think you have all ther things you needed ,go ahead and enjoy .

Unnamed Psalmist said...

wow ikaw na ang pupunta ng sinulog!
God Bless!!
My link post read your lips - the game of writing>>Click here to return to Filipino Bloggers Wordwide ExCom<<

~FranCis

Bien Nonoy said...

good luck in Sinulog!

Michelle Solee said...

i don't bring my wallet too when i travel, coin purse lang and card holder (1 atm, 1 credit card, 1 ID and healthcard). =)

Wendell Glenn Cagape said...

so now Sinulog awaits you! Enjoy the pit senor!

Jonathan said...

Get a cellphone with a good camera, there are a couple around. Also, you can make do without the shades. Have fun travelling! 

Nancy said...

Have fun at the festival! Bring home lots of keepsakes to blog about. :D

Traveling Morion said...

Oi, i will be watching Sinulog too;) and also be ready sa ulan,,, kasama n ata lagi ng sinulog ang ulan;)

Hazel MCD said...

At first hindi ko nagets ang kikay kit. I must be this old, lol. I would go for safety gears. Good luck on your travels.

Tripapips said...

I dont bring wallet when I travel. I make sure I have secret pockets making sure my money is safe. I am wishing you a happy and safe trip. :)

Ivan Stewart Saldajeno said...

I bring my wallet every time I travel. Just be careful in handling it. Hope you have fun in Cebu.

Michelle Bugante said...

I have the same problem as you. I like wearing nice things while traveling so I end up packing a lot! I guess I must also learn how to strip everything to the barest essentials! Have a great trip! :P

Blair Villanueva said...

hahaha nice tip! I miss sinulog too

EdZee said...

I have never been to Sinulog Festival but I'm seeing the festivities on TV every year. You preparation seems alright. Enjoy your travel.

Gil Camporazo said...

Well, in my case, if I want to witness big events like Sinulog, I don't have to bother myself of bringing enormous or showy travel gears. I just want to bring the simplest stuff. My camera, my wallet not so much loaded with money, for I have with me my credit card/atm, cellphone, handy raincoat, and some pieces of clothes. That's all!

Sionee said...

Wow..you're almost set. :) don't forget to insert a candy or a chewing gum into that cutie sling bag..:) 

Amor said...

i am sad... how i wish i could be there but i already have scheduled leaves...  =(

Kathy Ngo said...

Pit Senor! I hope you have a happy time there ... that is good :) I'm from Cebu and I know that it will be such a sight!

Ion Gonzaga said...

good prep! may you have the best blog coverage ever... :-) i wish to witness it too live.

Crumpylicious Blog said...

Wow enjoy your trip!

chrisair said...

celphone and cam can be on 1

nabuagermeline said...

but as a blogger, i'll not totally depend with my cellphone. 1.3mp what can that do for? i chose with a 14.2mp though and an hd video just what i need.

nabuagermeline said...

lol. hopefully. i'm trying to incorporate youtube here as well so prepare for a video.hehe

Christia Ramos said...

what, only comb for your kikay kit?! hahaha. i am such a girl i would die if that is the case.



 


Much support, Christia


_______


Savouring
Didi’s Pizza
from Christia's
World

promking said...

you may need an extra battery for your camera. the parade will last for hours.

bernie gonzales-reyes said...

I envy you...i miss travelling and i really want to witness Sinulog Festival live. But not for now since my 2 kids are still young...Enjoy!

travelonashoestring said...

Enjoy! Wag ka ng mag shades ha ha ha! Could I suggest another thing to bring? A bottle of water. Covering festivities like this is ngaragan sabagay madami sa gilid na madadaanan! So go!

travelonashoestring said...

http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-survived-brain-aneurysm.html

ralph said...

enjoy your self with the festivities... and with your preparation, i hope you had brought everything you need... may you have a safe stay... tc. Yahweh bless.

Jenny Otoole said...

I think you need some gadget gears for your trip in Cebu. My bestfriend and I went for Sinulog Festival many years ago. After dinner we decided to go for walk around city centre of Lahug. 3 lads walking with us asking something. One lad is working his hand to snatch things from my bf's handbag.

May said...

LoL, I love the fashion deduction process. I guess sometimes fashion and too thick crowds don't mix well but that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice the fashionable you too! So still be the uber fashionista (just nick the heels LoL), but tone it down. I think you'd still stand out in a crowd. Remember to pack that attitude... it doesn't take much space! It's one "accessory" that can do wonders for "total look." Enjoy Sinulog!    

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
But all of them rang true, and reminded me of why I travel: to learn and grow, to challenge myself, stretch my limits and foster an appreciation of both the world at large and the chair waiting in front of the woodstove back home.
Powered by Blogger.